top of page

Mini Dragon Group (ages 6-7)

Public·8 members

I wanna upgrade my satellite receiver .starsat srx 97 usb titanium? - I ...

How to Upgrade Your Starsat SRX97 USB Titanium Receiver

If you own a Starsat SRX97 USB Titanium receiver, you might be wondering how to upgrade it to the latest version. Upgrading your receiver can improve its performance, stability, security, and compatibility with new channels and features. In this article, I will show you how to upgrade your Starsat SRX97 USB Titanium receiver in four easy steps.

Upgrade Starsat Srx97 Usb Titanium

Before you start, you will need a few things: a computer with internet access, a USB flash drive with at least 1 GB of free space, and a compatible software file for your receiver. You will also need to make sure that your receiver is connected to a power source and a satellite dish. Do not turn off or unplug your receiver during the upgrade process, as this may damage it.

Step 1: Download the latest software for your receiver

The first step is to download the latest software for your receiver from the official website of Starsat. You can find it here: https://www.starsat.com/software/. On this page, you will see a list of different models of receivers and their corresponding software files. You will need to find the one that matches your model number and region.

To check the model number and region of your receiver, you can look at the sticker on the back of it or press MENU on your remote control and go to SYSTEM INFORMATION. You should see something like this:

Model Number: SR-X97USB TITANIUM Region: Middle East & Africa Software Version: V2.04 (2012-01-01)

In this example, you will need to download the file named "SR-X97USB TITANIUM_V2.04_2012-01-01.zip". This is the latest software version available for this model and region as of May 2023. If you have a different model or region, you will need to download a different file.

Once you have found the right file, click on it and save it to your computer. Do not unzip or rename it.

Step 2: Transfer the software file to a USB flash drive

The next step is to transfer the software file to a USB flash drive that you can use with your receiver. You will need to format your USB flash drive to FAT32 first, as this is the only file system that your receiver can recognize. To do this, follow these steps:

• Insert your USB flash drive into an empty USB port on your computer.

• Open My Computer or This PC and right-click on your USB flash drive.

• Select Format from the menu that appears.

• In the Format window that opens, choose FAT32 from the File system drop-down menu.

• Make sure that Quick Format is checked and click Start.

• Wait for a few seconds until the format is complete and click OK.

Now that you have formatted your USB flash drive, you can copy the software file that you downloaded in step 1 to it. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open My Computer or This PC and locate the software file that you downloaded in step 1.

• Right-click on it and select Copy from the menu that appears.

• Open your USB flash drive and right-click on an empty space.

• Select Paste from the menu that appears.

• Wait for a few seconds until the file is copied.

Make sure that you copy the software file to the root directory of your USB flash drive, not inside any folders. The root directory is where you see all the files and folders when you open your USB flash drive. The software file should be named something like "SR-X97USB TITANIUM_V2.04_2012-01-01.abs". Do not change its name or extension.

Once you have copied the software file, you can safely eject your USB flash drive from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the icon of your USB flash drive in My Computer or This PC.

• Select Eject from the menu that appears.

• Wait for a message that says "Safe to Remove Hardware" or "You can now safely remove this device".

• Pull out your USB flash drive from your computer.

Step 3: Connect your USB flash drive to your receiver and start the upgrade process

The third step is to connect your USB flash drive to your receiver and start the upgrade process. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn off your receiver by pressing POWER on your remote control or on the front panel of it.

• Plug in your USB flash drive into an empty USB port on the back or front panel of your receiver.

• Turn on your receiver by pressing POWER on your remote control or on the front panel of it.

• Press MENU on your remote control and go to TOOLS.

• Select UPGRADE BY USB from the list of options and press OK.

• You should see a screen like this:

Upgrade Mode: All Code Upgrade File: SR-X97USB TITANIUM_V2.04_2012-01-01.abs Start: OK Exit: EXIT